Regional Office of Education #26
The Regional Superintendent of Schools is the chief administrative educational officer of an educational service region, and the only elected education professional office in Illinois.The Office of the Regional Superintendent performs regulatory functions as directed by the Illinois School Code.
The Code states that, "The Regional Superintendent of Schools shall exercise supervision and control over all school districts in the county and shall act as the official advisor and assistant of the school officers and teachers in his region. In the performance of this duty he shall carry out the advice of the State Superintendent of Education."
In addition to coordinating and delivering state and local services, the Regional Superintendent acts as an advocate for education by providing positive leadership and disseminating information for educators, school districts and the community.
- Respond to questions and concerns, including legal questions, from parents, teachers, administrators, board of education
- Promote and support educational programs and achievements of the schools and educators.
- Hold public hearings on topics vital to education.
- Serve as liaison between the state legislature and local school districts.
- Serve as liaison between the Illinois State Board of Education and local school districts. Transportation
Regional Office of Education Employment OpportunitiesCategory: EducationPlease visit our website for all employment opportunities within the Macomb School District and surrounding School Districts through the Regional Office of Education. Check back regularly for new postings.
Part Time Program CoordinatorCategory: Administrative, Support & ClericalPOSITION AVAILABLE: Program: McDonough County Teen Court Position: Program Coordinator (Part-Time) Qualifications: High School Diploma and/or College Degree Experience working with General Public and Teenage Population Experience working with Basic Office Setting Operations Applicant must be at least 21 years of age Application Deadline: Until Position Filled ROE26 Employment application ...read moreContact:Phone:(309) 575-3226Fax:(309) 837-2887
Tell a Friend