Media Writer/Producer/AnnouncerPosted: 11/19/2020
Employees in positions allocated to this level of the series perform regular, day-to-day announcing and production duties for a radio/television/online operation. They work under general supervision of higher-level personnel.
?A(n) Media Writer/Producer/Announcer I typically -
- researches subjects for possible on-air or online content development within logistic and financial constraints.
- writes scripts for content and promotional announcements.
- conducts interviews and records other program elements (such as speeches, live music, and other news events).
- produces, directs, edits, and assembles written or audio/video content in final form for local use syndication or online use.
- performs on-air duties as required.
- trains and supervises employees as assigned.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
Any one or any combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) of the following types of preparation:
- progressively more responsible work experience in the production and presentation of radio or television programs, social media, and/or print or online journalism
- vocational training in radio and/or television production, journalism, social media, news or feature writing and/or announcing or closely related fields
- college course work in radio/television, journalism, social media, news or feature writing or closely related fields
- 60 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 75 semester hours equals one (1) year and six (6) months (18 months)
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
Application Deadline: Dec 3, 2020
Tell a Friend