Advanced Manufacturing Program CoordinatorFull TimeMacomb CampusSalary Range :36000.00 (USD) Annually
Classification: Professional Support
Reports To: Dean, Career and Workforce Education
Location: Macomb/District Wide
The Advanced Manufacturing Coordinator oversees the general operations of the Advanced Manufacturing Program.
1. Teaches assigned classes according to the course syllabi and provides information to students concerning course content, requirements, periodic evaluation procedures, and attendance expectations.
2. Coordinates and oversees the Supervised Coop/Internship program.
3. Develop and maintain strong professional affiliations with area manufacturing facilities and ensuring student compliance with certification requirements.
4. Researches, prepares, markets, and implements workforce training in the manufacturing field.
5. Periodically observes part-time faculty and assists as needed with the collection of student evaluations.
6. Initiates and participates in program reviews and annual assessment activities of the Advanced Manufacturing program and reports results to the Dean of Career and Workforce Education.
7. Assists with the initiation and development of new courses and programs and the revision of same within the advanced manufacturing program.
8. Ensures compliance with accrediting agencies to ensure quality and integrity of the designated Advanced Manufacturing program.
9. Stays educated on the workforce and credential needs of the manufacturing industry.
10. Recommends an annual instructional schedule for Advanced Manufacturing courses.
11. Assists the Dean of Career and Workforce Education with the recruitment and selection of part-time faculty within the Advanced Manufacturing program.
12. Supervises and monitors students’ progress in all phases of the program.
13. Recruits students in conjunction with the enrollment services office, which includes initiating correspondences to prospective students and developing advertising.
14. Seeks opportunities to market the designated Advanced Manufacturing program to individuals, groups, and industry leaders.
15. Supervises the process of textbook adoption for the Advanced Manufacturing program.
16. Observes, supports, and enforces the policies of the College.
17. Assists with the organization of and meets with the Advanced Manufacturing Programs Advisory Committee.
18. Assists in the evaluation and revision of all policies and procedures related to the Advanced Manufacturing program.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position may supervise part time instructors. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with federal and state employment law, college policies and procedures, the supervisor handbook, and relevant collective bargaining unit agreements with regard to recruitment and selection, timely review and approval of timesheets, assigning workload and projects, performance evaluation, discipline, communication, departmental leadership and day-to-day supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. An Associate’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. A bachelor’s degree preferred. A combination of education and work experience may substitute for required degree (five years related work experience for each degree level).
2. Two years related work experience and knowledge of the Advanced Manufacturing and welding industry required.
3. Knowledge of current manufacturing practices, standards, best practices, and techniques.
4. Experience using Microsoft applications with a high degree of accuracy and personal computer skills is required.
5. Community college or training experience is preferred.
6. Must possess the ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
7. Must possess a high level of confidentiality.
8. Must possess organizational abilities, superior interpersonal skills, client service skills, and oral, and written communication skills.
9. Must possess the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities; deal with conflict appropriately; withstand pressure and remain calm in tense situations, accurate; flexible; dependable; responsible; promote teamwork; and demonstrate a positive attitude.
10. Must possess the ability to assist, influence and work with diverse dynamic student population.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. This position requires some standing, walking, reaching, stooping / kneeling, and climbing. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Education: High School Diploma,Associates Degree
Tell a Friend