Part Time Welding Instructor
Fall 2019- Spring 2020 Semester
One instructor for Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.and one instructor for Monday-Thursday 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Part-time faculty instruct students, participate in appropriate curricular and co-curricular assignments and functions, and perform the necessary administrative obligations.
- Plans and teaches courses in assigned course.
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials,coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom instruction.
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of instruction.
- Actively serves on college committees.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings.
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional development, and other activities appropriate to higher education faculty.
- Assists with the development of curriculum.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of 2 years current related work experience is required.
- Associate degree or higher a regionally accredited institution preferred. Completion of an Associate degree, certificate, or certification may be required within 3 years of hire.
- Must have demonstrated teaching competence in field of instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in teaching is required.
- Familiarity with basic online academic technology,such as Canvas is preferred.
- Experience in teaching in field of instruction is preferred.
- Two years of college teaching with community college experience in field of instruction is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. This position requires limited standing,walking, reaching, stooping / kneeling. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor. This position requires some driving, the majority of which is within the College district.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Additional Postings available from Spoon River College
Tell a Friend