Nursing FacultyFull time 9 MosCanton and Macomb Campus
Status / FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
Department: Career & Technical Education
Reports To: Dean of Career and Workforce Education
The Nursing faculty is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The faculty is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on any Spoon River College campus as assigned. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction, instructional counseling, and serving on various committees. Faculty performs all other duties as directed.
1. Plans and teaches courses in assigned discipline.
2. Prepares syllabi and instructional materials, and coordinates lectures, classroom activities, labs and assessments.
3. Teach all classes according to the course syllabi and provide evaluation procedures and attendance expectations.
4. Maintain appropriate records and submit required reports, grades, etc. according to deadlines.
5. Observe scheduled on-campus as required in the collective bargaining agreement.
6. Actively attend and participate in committees, meetings, professional development sessions, and commencement.
7. Recommend textbooks, library books, and other instructional materials.
8. Assist in the organization of, and meetings with, advisory committees, where applicable.
9. Assist with the initiation and development of new courses and programs and the revision of same.
10. Communicate with faculty, staff, administration, and students through the use of college provided email or LMS messaging system in a timely fashion.
11. Maintain a safe classroom environment and report all incidents of injury, illness, theft, or threats of violence.
12. Utilizes the college LMS for all courses. Required components include course syllabus, email communication, course announcements, grade book and student evaluations.
13. Participate in the college governance system.
14. Assist in the recruitment of students.
15. Observe, support, and enforce the policies of the college.
16. Provide appropriate leadership and supervision of student activities where applicable.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A master’s degree in the applicable subject area from a regionally accredited institution is required.
2. A current Illinois Registered Nurse License is required.
3. A current and valid Illinois driver’s license with a clear motor vehicle records check (per the college’s definition of an authorized driver) is required.
4. Teaching experience is in a community college setting is preferred but not required.
5. Experience in all phases of the instructional process.
6. Demonstrated ability to use technology in teaching is required.
7. Familiarity with basic online academic technology, such as Canvas is preferred.
8. Ability to function effectively in both large and small classes.
9. Ability to work effectively with student, faculty, staff, and administration.
10. Ability to adapt to changes in programs, colleagues, students, etc.
11. Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and finger, talk and hear. This position requires limited standing, walking, reaching, stooping / kneeling. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a1f9fed4-6d14-468e-b3ee-266b22902534&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Education: Masters Degree
Additional Postings available from Spoon River College
Tell a Friend