Office Assistant, Learning Resource Center (LRC)Part TimeMacomb Campus, Macomb, IL, USSalary Range :10.0000 (USD) Hourly Onwards
The Learning Resource Center Office Assistant performs clerical services for the Learning Resource Center.
1. Performs reception duties such as screening and receiving visitors and incoming telephone calls. Serves as a resource person for students by answering questions about programs or directing questions to appropriate person and/or department.
2. Performs clerical duties including, but not limited to, calendar maintenance, meeting coordination, filing, proofreading, requesting and inventorying office supplies, prepares office mailings, and prioritizes and/or distributes incoming departmental mail.
3. Conducts tutor scheduling and data input and retrieval in Learning Resource Center's tutor tracking software program.
4. Assists with coordination of peer and professional tutors which includes the creation of tutoring appointments for students.
5. Assists with completion of new tutor paperwork.
6. Assists with daily operations in the Learning Resource Center including, but not limited to, assisting students in the computer lab and with operation of equipment (printing, creating spreadsheets or other documents, envelopes, etc.), checking out headphones/calculators or other materials to students.
7. Assists with oversight of computer lab areas with regards to running updates, contacting Help Desk when necessary and start up and shut down processes.
8. Assists with projects and department initiatives, including, but not limited to, creation and distribution of flyers and other student services related materials.
9. Proctors make-up tests using instructions from faculty. Monitors testing and returns completed tests to faculty.
10. Assists with the retrieval and check-out of Closed Reserve materials including any necessary records between Campuses (includes, but is not limited to nursing materials/videos).
11. Maintains files and records while protecting the confidentiality, security, and permanency of records.
12. Assists Student Success Coach with documenting and recording student referrals as well as sending letters to identified students.
13. Provides overall coverage for the Macomb LRC when the Student Success Coach is absent or unavailable.
14. Assists students with using the library’s online searchable databases.
15. Provides back up assistance to other departments within the Macomb Campus.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. An associate degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
2. One year of related experience in a community college setting is preferred.
3. Experience using Microsoft applications with a high degree of accuracy and personal computer skills is required.
4. Superior organizational, interpersonal, client service, and communication skills, is required.
5. Experience with and knowledge of computers and software is required.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to count units of money.
8. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
9. Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities; deal with conflict appropriately; withstand pressure and remain calm in tense situations, accurate; flexible; dependable; responsible; promotes teamwork; demonstrates a positive attitude is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and finger, talk and hear. This position requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, and stoop / kneel. This position requires the ability to lift and/or carry weight up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance. The position requires the ability to move from circulation desk to reserve shelves repetitively. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a1f9fed4-6d14-468e-b3ee-266b22902534&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Education: High School Diploma
Tell a Friend