Accountant IIPosted: 11/11/2020
Employees in positions allocated to this level of the series are experienced accountants who apply accounting principles and practices to a variety of responsible accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, and/or other fiscal functions. They work under general supervision.
An Accountant II typically -
- Prepares annual financial schedules for state appropriated funds and local resources (Statement of Net Assets; Statement of Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Assets; Statement of Cash Flows).
- Prepares and reconciles complex accounting reports or supervises the preparation and reconciliation of complex accounting reports.
- Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify conformance to pertinent policies, procedures, and accounting standards.
- Prepares reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis of accounting records.
- Prepares budgets.
- Maintains and monitors contractual billing and payment recording.
- Collaborates with unit fiscal officers, deans, directors, and other responsible administrators in development, evaluation, implementation, and operation of automated or manual accounting systems.
- Assembles, organizes, prepares, analyzes, and reports administrative data.
- Supervises lower level staff as required.
- Performs work related to the lower level in this series.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3) years (36 months), from the categories below:
- Work experience and/or on the job training in Accounting or a closely related field
- College course work and/or training in Accounting or a closely related field including 12 semester hours in accounting
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals 18 months
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
2. A total of two (2) years (24 months) of experience in professional level accounting work consistent with the next lower level of this series.An advanced degree in accountancy or registration as a Certified Public Accountant may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
Starting Salary: $3,052.00/Month
Application Deadline: Nov 25, 2020
Tell a Friend